- The 1460 is the original Dr. Martens boot. The boot’s instantly recognizable DNA looks like this: 8 eyes, a heel-loop, yellow stitching, and a comfortable air-cushioned sole with grooved edges.Our newest collection is a series of three 1460 boots championing the tattoo culture — that ancient art form connecting scores of Dr. Martens fans around the world. This 1460 features the work of the UK’s Chris Lambert, a tattoo artist and owner of Snake & Tiger Tattoo in Leeds. As seen on the boot, Lambert’s style is grounded in the influence of Japanese tattooing on early 20th century Euro-American designs.
- Retains all the classic Docs DNA, like grooved edges, visible stitching and a heel-loop
- Built on the iconic Dr. Martens air-cushioned sole
- Secured with one of the finest methods of construction available: the Goodyear Welt
- Lambert’s designs are printed onto Backhand, a soft, comfortable leather with a full grain